Terms & Conditions for Tazi's Lion Art challenge 2021
"By Tazi" (Tazi Brown) offers a free unedited photograph of a male lion in colour or black&white to be used ONLY for the art challenge of @ByTazi on Instagram.
The art piece you create may solely be used for the challenge, the competition and to be shared on your social media AFTER the competition. (Works in progress may be shared before the competition starts).
If you already know you will be using the art piece commercially after the competition (i.g. to sell the original or prints), you can purchase the full resolution download (2357x3537px) including a standard royalty free license* for just €3,50
*scroll down to read full information about the Standard Royalty Free license.
About the challenge:
- Entries need to be sent in before December 15th 2021.
- Please make sure you follow my accounts @bytazi and @rtreferencephotos to join the challenge and share the story template I will provide in your stories.
- You can choose to get a free (1413×2121px) or paid (including standard royalty free license, 2357x3537px), colour or black & white download of the photograph.
- To obtain the download, you need to choose 'purchase' and fill in your details in order to get the download link by e-mail. Obviously you do not have to pay when you choose the free download 😉, but you do need to follow the check out procedure.
- Art pieces created for this challenge, reproductions, prints etc may not be offered for sale or published unless you purchase a standard royalty free license (Which is € 3,50) . You may do that in advance or decide after te piece is finished and it turned out to be a masterpiece. 😉
- Any kind of art is allowed: Painting, drawing, sketching, scratching, sewing, digital drawing... Anyrhing.
- You do not have to use the full image or original colours. The image is unedited so you are free to let your artistic interpretion guide you.
- In the competition rounds art pieces will be shared anonymously.
- self promotion is not allowed. Doing so may have concequenses for your participation in the competion. (I.g. disqualification or deduction of votes)
- At the end of the competition or when your art piece is out of the competition, I will share the entries with proper credits in my stories;
- Due to my traumatic brain injury caused by an accident (I have PCS and PPPD), I have good days and bad days, so there is no set date for when the competition will start, will carry on or will finish. It is a lot of work to prepare and set up, which I can only do on good days. But it is so much fun to do!! So please be patient with me. 😊
- The winner will be announced here in my stories and featured in my feed.
- The winner also gets a voucher for € 25,- to spend on www.RTreferencePhotos.com. The runner up will get a voucher for € 12,50 to spend on www.RTreferencePhotos.com.
- You may post progress photos of your lion art piece in your stories or feed as long as you mention my challenge & credit me. 😊
- You may share your finished art piece in your stories/feed, AFTER THE COMPETITION and please do credit me as the photographer of the reference photo. 😊
- Please send your a clear photograph of the art piece to: [email protected] to ensure I will share the best quality version of your edit in the competion in my stories. Please make sure you mention your instagram accountname in your e-nail.
Additional info / terms & conditions for the Lion Art challenge By Tazi.
- You will get a link by e-mail to download the image (JPG-file) and are aware the image can ONLY be used for creating an art piece for this challenge and can not be used for any other purpose without prior consent. (@bytazi).
- Images may be used solely by the participant who joins Tazi's Lion Challenge and downloaded the photograph. It is however not allowed to forward, share or give it to others. You may not reproduce, distribute, sell, modify, transmit, revise, reverse engineer, republish or create derivative works (where applicable) of said image.
- The copyright of the photograph will always remain with me, Tazi Brown (@ByTazi) and the image (original/edited) may therefore not be offered for sale, published or forwarded to any other (third) parties etc.
If you decide to purchase the high resolution image with standard royalty free license, this is what that includes (standard for all purchases on www.RTreferencePhotos.com actually)
Standard Royalty Free License
RT Reference Photos offers photographs "By Tazi" (Natasja Walravens aka Tazi Brown) and by "RRW Animal Photography (Remco Walravens) for art reference use and are only to be used as reference for (non-digital*) artworks. Purchased images may be used solely by the person who purchased the photograph. You may use a purchased reference photo more than once. It is however not allowed to forward, share or give it to others. You may of course refer them to us to purchase their own.
*Digital art is not allowed, with the exception of digital drawing. But using the original image to create digital art by using filters, apps, edits etc. is not allowed.
Most of our images found on our social media and/or Flickr galleries can be purchased for art reference use. (Exceptions can be images that have been purchased for 'exclusive/sole use*'). We are regularly uploading new images, so if the one you like is not yet available on the website yet, do not hesitate to contact us.
*scroll down to read more about Exclusive/Sole Use.
Art reference use of our images
Using our images as a reference for your art is not free. We ask for a small fee to support us as amateur photographers. This fee includes royalty free use* of the image(s) and (if required) a high resolution download of the images(s).
*scroll down to read more about Royalty free Licenses.
Most images are available for prices between €10,- and €30,- per photograph. The image provided for the Lion Art challenge is € 3,50
Standard Art Reference Use License, including Royalty free use up to € 1.000,-
For art that is created for personal use or to be offered for sale under € 1000,-, (one thousand) a 'Royalty Free License' is included in the Standard Art Reference Use License. If you expect the price of your art piece to be over € 1.000,-, an Extended Royalty Free License is required.
Extended Royalty Free License
If you expect the price of your art piece to be over € 1.000,-, we offer you the possibility to purchase an
Extended Royalty Free License in advance, instead of asking for 10% or the royalties. The following prices
are in addition to the standard prices and can only be requested by e-mail as we personalize the licenses.
If you expect your asking price will be
Between € 1.000 and € 5.000,- the Extended Royalty Free License is € 75,-
Between € 5.000 and € 10.000,- the Extended Royalty Free License is € 250,-
Over € 10.000,- the Extended Royalty Free License is € 500,-
To request an Extended Royalty Free License or for more information, contact us or send us a message on Facebook or Instagram.
Your Art piece
Your art piece may be entered in competitions, exhibitions and/or sold if you have purchased the image for art reference use. You may also sell prints, merchandise etc. of your art piece.
When you purchase 5 photographs to use as a reference, you pay for 4 photos. This translates into a 20% discount on your total purchase when buying 5 or more photos in one order. Do make sure to enter the coupon code 5=4 before check out.
Exclusive Use for art reference
If you wish to create an exclusive art piece, it is possible to claim 'exclusive use' or 'sole use' for art reference on a photograph. If the artist and photographer can agree on the price, the photograph will be marked on our website as 'No longer be available, sold for exclusive use' and will no longer be available for other artists. The copyright will remain with the photographer at all times, thus the photographer has the right to publish, print, share and sell the original photograph for anything other than art reference. The Exclusive Use License includes full royalty free use of the image.
The price for exclusive/sole use depends on the standard image price, the expected sales and your selling price, so there can not be a set price for it.
For more information or to request 'Exclusive/Sole Use' on your favourite photograph(s), feel free to contact us or send us a message on Facebook or Instagram.
Reference For Art Classes License
Art teachers can use a reference photo for their classes or online tutorials by purchasing a Reference For Art Class/Tutorial License. To purchase said license, please contact us.
The original photographs
Original photographs are only to be used by the person who purchased said image(s). You may not use, reproduce, distribute, sell, modify, transmit, revise, reverse engineer, republish, post (on social media or your personal website) or create derivative works (where applicable) of said images without my prior written permission.
Copyright of all photographs, will always remain with the photographers "By Tazi" (Tazi Brown/Natasja Walravens) and "RRW Animal Photography" (Remco Walravens).
All of our images include a subtle watermark e.g. "By Tazi" or "RRW Animal Photography" in one of the bottom corners. The watermark "RT Reference Photos" will not show on the original download.
This website is facilitated by Zenfolio.com In other words, they offer the shop where we can sell our products (in our case digital downloads). All procedures and communications like the order confirmations are standard formats. We cannot make any modifications. The order confirmation is the only invoice available. We have personalised the website and have our own domain, but for the functionality of the website we are dependable of Zenfolio. Any issues related to download failure, slowness or other errors is their responsibility and out of our hands. We need to contact their service center to help. This may cause a slight delay in getting an answer or a solution. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Once you have downloaded a purchased image, it is not possible to get any refunds as digital items cannot be 'returned'.
Promotions and discount coupons
If we have any special promotions or discounts, we always share this on our social media (@rtreferencephotos on Instagram and in the Facebook group 'Reference Photos & More'). We also try to put a notice on our website, but if you want to be sure not to miss anything, make sure to check our socials.
Changes to Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to revise these Terms & Conditions, to correct any errors, omissions and changes on and to this website at any time without notice to you. You are bound by such revisions so we encourage you to visit this page frequently to stay informed.
Terms & Conditions of for Art Reference Use RT Reference Photos - November 2021